0 Properties for sale in Ardennes, Grand-Est (formerly Champagne-Ardenne, Lorraine and Alsace), France
Named after the Ardennes forest, the department is currently in the Champagne-Ardenne region and shares a border with Belgium. It is easily accessible from Brussels, Paris and Reims. The River Meuse runs through the department and boat tours are a good way to explore the area. There is also the dense Ardennes forest which is popular with walkers and was recently made a regional park. Similar to its neighbouring departments, Ardennes suffered during the World Wars and was occupied by German troops in World War I.
CAPITAL: CHARLEVILLE-MÉZIÈRES - This town was created in 1966 when the two towns of Charleville and Mézières merged. It is the centre of France's puppetry industry with a puppet institute and has a regular festival to celebrate the art. There's also a museum dedicated to Arthur Rimbaud who was born in the town.
Average property prices
CHARLEVILLE-MÉZIÈRES: €119,800 Ardennes department: €112,000
Access from UK
By air: The nearest major airports are in Paris and there are regular flights from the UK
By train: Eurostar to Paris and TGV to Reims then regional services to Ardennes
By road: Charleville-Mézières is 277km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Charleville-Mézières): 5.3°C/14.6°C
Average annual rainfall: 958.4mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,948.3
The castle of Sedan is the most visited attraction in Ardennes and a medieval festival, the biggest in Europe, is held there every year. The other major festival is the world puppet festival in Charleville- Mézières, attended by thousands of visitors. The department is home to 150,000 hectares of woodland which attract walkers and mountain bikers, and boat tours along the rivers and canals are popular with holidaymakers. Other attractions include the citadel in Charlemont and the star-shaped fortifications in Rocroi.
Sorry there are no matching properties
There were no results found matching your search options.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France