0 Properties for sale in Bas-Rhin, Grand-Est (formerly Champagne-Ardenne, Lorraine and Alsace), France
Bas-Rhin is one of two departments that make up the region of Alsace in the north-east corner of France. The department is sandwiched between the River Rhine and the Vosges mountains and is dotted with ancient churches, medieval castles, and pretty villages such as Hunspach and Seebach. The mountains are popular with walkers, horse-riders and mountain bikers while the sunny foothills of the Vosges range are home to fine white wines, many of which are included on the Route des Vins d'Alsace.
CAPITAL: STRASBOURG - Seat of the European Parliament, departmental capital Strasbourg is a cosmopolitan city with a culture and architecture that reflects the influences of its French and German history. Highlights include its Gothic Cathédrale Notre-Dame, the Musée des Beaux-Arts, and the twisting lanes and half-timbered houses of the Grand Île.
Average property prices
Bas-Rhin department: €224,900
Access from UK
By air: Flights from the UK to Strasbourg
By train: Eurostar to Paris, then TGV to Strasbourg
By road: Strasbourg is 622km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Strasbourg): 6.6°C/15.3°C
Average annual rainfall: 665mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,948.3
Bas-Rhin is a treasure trove of magnificent châteaux, including the Château du Haut-Koenigsburg, which stands 700ft above sea level and looks out over the plain of Alsace. Two Plus Beaux Villages de France, Mittelbergheim and Hunspach can also be found in the department. The former is the home of AOC Zotzenberg, one of 51 prized terroirs in Alsace permitted to call their wine grand cru. Another jewel is the town of Obernai while in Strasbourg the opulent 18th-century Palais Rohan is a must.
Sorry there are no matching properties
There were no results found matching your search options.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France