1 Properties for sale in Vosges, Grand-Est (formerly Champagne-Ardenne, Lorraine and Alsace), France
Huge forests dominate the largely unspoilt landscape of this department within the ‘Green Lung' region of Lorraine, offering a huge range of opportunities for nature lovers. The many lakes and hills are wonderful places to explore, while the mountains are popular for local skiers in the winter months. While the area is often ignored by British buyers, it offers much in the way of quality food, local beers and pretty villages.
CAPITAL: ÉPINAL - Set on the banks of the River Moselle, the highlight of Épinal is its communal forest, and in particular the Arboretum de la Forêt d'Epinal which allows visitors to learn more about the landscape of the department. The remains of the château and the old Chapitre district are also well worth a visit.
Average property prices
Vosges department: €104,000
Access from UK
By air: Strasbourg
By train: Eurostar to Paris, then TGV to Épinal
By road: Épinal is 545km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Luxeuil): 5.2°C/15.5°C
Average annual rainfall: 1,051.2mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,948.3
Winter sports enthusiasts should make their way to La Bresse-Hohneck, the largest ski area in north-east France, with 21km of pistes and 21 lifts. Head to Domrémyla-Pucelle for the birthplace of Joan of Arc and to Gérardmer for the lake and daffodil festival which is held every two years. The third most wooded department in France, Vosges boasts a stunning natural environment offering thermal springs, waterfalls, rivers, lakes, mountains, unspoiled flora, and huge fir forests, ideal for outdoor activities.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France