279 Properties for sale in Corrèze, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
With its spectacular scenery, vast expanses of unspoilt countryside and distinctive, chestnut-red cattle grazing in the lush green fields, Corrèze, currently in Limousin, is undoubtedly rural. The department is partially covered by the Millevaches Regional Nature Park and there are also six Plus Beaux Villages to explore and the lively town of Brive-la-Gaillarde for a fix of culture.
CAPITAL: TULLE - Although capital of Corrèze, Tulle is only the second largest town in the department after Brive-la-Gaillarde. It rose to prominence as the centre of lace making and accordion production; both are celebrated during popular annual festivals. The beautiful town has an impressive cathedral while famous residents include François Hollande and Jacques Chirac.
Average property prices
Corrèze department: €98,000
Access from UK
By air: Brive Vallée de la Dordogne, Limoges and Bergerac airports
By train: Eurostar to Paris and then TGV to Brive-la-Gaillarde
By road: Tulle is 764km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Brive-la-Gaillarde): 6.9°C/18.1°C
Average annual rainfall: 901mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,948.3
There are a total of six Plus Beaux Villages in Corrèze – the association was created in the department by the mayor of Collongesla- Rouge. This distinctive red-stone village is one of the most visited sites in Limousin. The other villages are Curemonte, St- Robert, Ségur-le-Château, Treignac and Turenne. Brive-la-Gaillarde is also well worth a visit for its busy Saturday market and array of gourmet restaurants.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France