121 Properties for sale in Haute-Garonne, Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
Bordering Spain via the Pyrénées mountains and surrounded by six French departments, Haute-Garonne is currently part of the Midi-Pyrénées region. It is crossed by the upper course of the River Garonne, hence its name, while the southern part of the department is situated in the Pyrénées mountain range. Toulouse is the capital and the most densely populated part of Haute-Garonne with a large student population and a strong aviation industry, while there are many pretty spa towns, hiking routes and ski resorts in the rest of the department.
CAPITAL: TOULOUSE - The fourth largest city in France, Toulouse is known as la ville rose because of its pinkbrick architecture. The centre is framed by the Canal du Midi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the St-Sernin cathedral is considered to be one of the finest Romanesque buildings in the world.
Average property prices
Haute-Garonne department: €239,900
Access from UK
By air: Toulouse
By train: Eurostar to Paris and then TGV to Toulouse
By road: Toulouse is 965km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Toulouse): 9.1°C/18.5°C
Average annual rainfall: 638.3mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,948.3
The southern part of Haute-Garonne in situated in the Pyrénées and so in the winter offers a quieter and cheaper alternative to the ski resorts of the Alps. The mountains are popular in summer with hikers who are also attracted to the GR10 footpath which crosses the department. The spa town of Bagnères-de-Luchon at the foot of the Pyrénées is celebrated for its thermal springs and has become a fashionable resort. The Canal du Midi passes through the department and Toulouse attracts students, workers and visitors alike.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France