856 Properties for sale in Hérault, Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
Hérault is currently in the region of Languedoc-Roussillon and has a long Mediterranean coastline with the popular seaside resorts of Sète and La Grande Motte within its borders. Montpellier is the capital and Béziers is the other major town in the region. Hérault has a diverse landscape, stretching from sandy beaches in the south to the Cévennes mountain range in the north and mainly agricultural land and small villages in between.
CAPITAL: MONTPELLIER - Capital of the Languedoc-Roussillon region as well as the Hérault department, Montpellier is the third largest French city on the Mediterranean coast. It has a large student population and the university is one of the oldest in the world. Sights include the Place de la Comédie and the elegant hôtels particuliers.
Average property prices
Hérault department: €215,000
Access from UK
By air: Montpellier and Béziers
By train: Eurostar to Paris and then TGV to Montpellier
By road: Montpellier is 1,038km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Montpellier): 10.4°C/19.9°C
Average annual rainfall: 629.1mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,948.3
Located on the Mediterranean coast, Hérault is home to many popular beaches while in the south the department boasts the Cévennes mountains, part of the Massif Central. Part of the national park of Haut-Languedoc is located in Hérault and provides a habitat for more than 240 species of birds. The department is home to three Plus Beaux Villages – Minerve, Olargues and St-Guilhem-le-Désert – as well as the town of Pézenas, home to more than 30 historic monuments and popular with visitors.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France