352 Properties for sale in Savoie, Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France
Situated in Rhône-Alpes, Savoie is home to many of the most famous ski resorts, spa towns and gastronomic delights in the whole of France. Notorious for both the quality of the pistes and glamour of the après ski, the department enjoys a buoyant tourist trade and healthy property market. The pull of the area is only likely to increase as many resorts and towns are opening up yet more facilities and opportunities throughout the summer months to offer the year-round appeal of the majestic mountain landscapes and welcoming communities.
CAPITAL: CHAMBÉRY - Lying in an Alpine valley, Chambéry enjoys an enviable position close to the resorts yet benefitting from a huge sense of history and culture. Generally a peaceful town of cobbled streets and protected buildings, the Saturday market brings a buzz of traders selling local cheese, meat and wine.
Average property prices
Savoie department: €236,300
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Geneva, Lyon, Grenoble and Chambéry
By train: During ski season, Eurostar runs trains to Aime, Moûtiers and Bourg-St-Maurice. At other times take the Eurostar to Paris, then TGV to these and other stations
By road: Chambéry is 830km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Chambéry): 6.5°C/16.5°C
Average annual rainfall: 1,221mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,870.3
Savoie is home to some of the best skiing destinations in the world including Les Arcs, Courcheval and Tignes as well as the unspoilt, charming architecture of the designated Plus Beau Village of Bonnevalsur-Arc, and the world-renowned Belle Époque lakeside city of Aix-les Bains which houses the national thermal baths. The department is also home to the Parc national de la Vanoise, the country's first national park, known for its Alpine landscapes and wealth of wildlife.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France