109 Properties for sale in Finistère, Brittany, France
Encompassing the western corner of France, Finistère, currently in Brittany, offers 750 miles of coastline, almost a quarter of the entire Brittany coast. There is much to discover along this dramatic stretch, from rugged inlets to busy fishing ports. The Breton language can be heard throughout Brittany, but Finistère is where it survives most strongly as a spoken language – the department's name, and its Breton name Penn-ar-Bed, rather aptly translates as ‘end of the earth'.
CAPITAL: QUIMPER - Quimper is the ancient capital of Cornouaille, Brittany's most traditional province, and the town has a distinctive Breton character which it celebrates every year with the Festival de Cornouaille. Vieux Quimper is a maze of pedestrianised streets full of characterful half-timbered houses, crêperies and shops celebrating Brittany's Celtic heritage.
Average property prices
Finistère department: €147 000
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Quimper and Brest
By train: Eurostar to Paris and TGV to Quimper
By road: Quimper is 688km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Quimper): 8.4°C/15.3°C
Average annual rainfall: 1,250.2mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,683.8
There is plenty in Finistère for nature-lovers. The Île d'Ouessant, which lies just a few kilometres from the mainland, is well worth exploring, while the Parc d'Armorique is home to colonies of grey seals, dolphins and numerous seabirds, and extends inland across central Finistère. There are also a number of medieval towns, including Quimper, Morlaix and Locronan, to explore and numerous Breton festivals that are not to be missed.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France