3 Properties for sale in Côte-d'Or, Burgundy and Franche-Comté, France
The Côte-d'Or is a limestone escarpment that translates as ‘the golden hillside' and has given its name to the department currently in Burgundy. Côte-d'Or is home to some of the most recognisable names in the wine world, including Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. The Côtes de Nuits in the north produces red wine almost exclusively while the Côte de Beaune in the south produces both red and white.
CAPITAL: DIJON - Dating to the Neolithic period, Dijon was a Roman settlement and then later home to the Dukes of Burgundy when it became a place of great wealth and power. This history is evident in the varied architectural styles which can be see throughout the town. Dijon is famous for its mustard and also hosts the International and Gastronomic Fair every year in autumn. Housed in a 17th-century Cistercian convent, the Musée de la Vie Bourguignonne explores life in Burgundy in centuries past.
Average property prices
Côte-d'Or department: €159 000
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Geneva and Lyon
By train: Eurostar to Paris and TGV to Dijon
By road: Dijon is 569km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Dijon): 6.5°C/15.4°C
Average annual rainfall: 760.5mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,848.8
A visit to Côte-d'Or wouldn't be complete without a dégustation (tasting) at one of the many vineyards, which stretch as far as the eye can see. Côte-d'Or is also home to two Plus Beaux Villages – Châteauneuf and Flavigny-sur-Ozerain. The latter is a maze of cobbled streets and medieval ramparts and is also famous for its aniseed-flavoured sweets. The Plateau de Langres is a chain of hills that runs through the department.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France