9 Properties for sale in Haute-Saône, Burgundy and Franche-Comté, France
Named after the Saône river, Haute-Saône is one of the four departments that currently belongs to the Franche-Comté region. Situated between Vosges and Jura, the department is mostly rural despite having been at the forefront of industrialisation in the 18th century, and is home to part of the Ballon des Vosges nature park, one of the largest and most populated regional parks in France. The whole of the Franche-Comté region is dominated by the Jura mountains, which are within easy reach of Haute-Saône and offer some of the best cross-country skiing in France.
CAPITAL: VESOUL - Nicknamed the ‘Nice of the east' and honoured in a song of the same name by Jacques Brel released in 1968, Vesoul stands at the foot of La Butte de la Motte, a hill on which a castle once stood and around which the town developed. Vesoul is classed as a Cité Patrimoine thanks to its architectural and cultural heritage.
Average property prices
Haute-Saône department: €112 300
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Basel-Mulhouse
By train: Eurostar to Paris, then TGV to Besançon and local services to Vesoul
By road: Vesoul is 587km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Luxeuil): 5.2°C/15.5°C
Average annual rainfall: 1,051.2mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,799.3
Built by Le Corbusier in 1955, the Notre-Dame-du-Haut chapel is one of the most visited places in Haute-Saône and is an important pilgrimage site. Enjoy the view of Pesmes, the department's Plus Beau Village, from the other side of the river before crossing the bridge to explore, or take a history lesson at the Château d'Oricourt which was classified as a monument historique in 1984.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France