4 Properties for sale in Yonne, Burgundy and Franche-Comté, France
A rural landscape of vineyards, quiet villages and ancient abbeys, Yonne is a little off the beaten track, and perfect for those looking for understated charm amidst the wider appeal of the world-famous wine and music culture of the region of Burgundy. Its proximity to both Paris and the wine routes of the region are its greatest appeal, yet prices are still reasonable considering the beauty of both the medieval villages along the wine routes and stunning natural scenery of the area.
CAPITAL: AUXERRE - With a prosperous history throughout medieval and Roman times, the cultural hub of Yonne has wealth of abbeys and churches. Make your way down to the river quay from where you can explore the half-timbered houses and relaxed cafés and wine bars of the old town.
Average property prices
Yonne department: €115 000
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Paris airports within two hours' drive
By train: Eurostar to Paris
By road: Auxerre is 477km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Troyes): 5.8°C/15.8°C
Average annual rainfall: 644.8mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,816.4
For many, the Chablis wine route is the reason for their visit to Yonne, but make sure you also visit the designated Plus Beaux Villages of Vézelay (also a UNESCO World Heritage Site) and Noyers-sur-Serein as well as the Villes d'Art et d'Histoire of Auxerre and Joigny. The Chablis Wine Fair takes place in October. The department many historic religious buildings and châteaux, and pleasure boating on the Yonne is a popular pastime.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France