12 Properties for sale in Cher, Centre-Val de Loire, France
Located in the south-east of the Centre region, the Cher department, together with that of Indre, was formerly part of the historical Berry region of France. The department is today composed of five different ‘countries': the Pays Sancerre Sologne, Pays Loire Val d'Aubois, Pays Berry St-Amandois, Pays de Bourges and Pays de Vierzon, each one full of natural contrasts. To the west you will find the Champagne berrichonne, a limestone plateau home to the Quincy AOC vineyards, while Sologne in the north is covered in forests, with plenty of fun things for visitors of all ages to do.
CAPITAL: BOURGES - The departmental capital is most famous for its exquisite Gothic cathedral of St-Etienne, a UNESCO World Heritage site considered a masterpiece of Gothic art. The city also boasts the exquisite Palais Jacques Coeur, built by the son of a local merchant who rose to become treasurer to the King, and is well worth a visit.
Average property prices
Cher department: €100,000
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Tours
By train: Eurostar to Paris, then regional trains to Bourges
By road: Bourges is 637km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Bourges): 7.2ºc/16.3ºc
Average annual rainfall: 747.9mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,827.5
For those seeking a veritable mix of things to do the Cher department definitely delivers. The city of Bourges is definitely the jewel in the Cher's crown with its blend of exquisite historical buildings and status as an outstanding ville fleurie. To the south of the department is the picture-perfect village of Apremont-sur-Allier, a Plus Beau Village famed for its beautiful gardens while nearby Sagonne with its hilltop medieval tower offers views over the area and beyond. The best-known site has to be the village of Sancerre, overlooking the Loire, famous for its exquisite wines.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France