21 Properties for sale in Eure-et-Loir, Centre-Val de Loire, France
Nestled between Paris and the Loire Valley, the department of Eure-et-Loir is named after the Eure and Loir rivers. A leading producer of wheat and rapeseed in France, the department boasts a strong agricultural past and is today best known for being the home of the beautiful city of Chartres and its magnificent UNESCO-protected Gothic cathedral. Although it lacks the big-name châteaux of its Loire Valley neighbours, the department packs a punch of its very own with the Perche natural regional park and charming châteaux, including that of Nogent-le-Rotrou.
CAPITAL: CHARTRES - Charming Chartres sits on the Eure river and is best known for its exquisite 13th century Gothic cathedral, which is regarded as the finest in France and boasts some stunning stained-glass windows. With its many timber-framed houses which tumble down to the river's edge, a visit to Chartres is not complete without a wander through the old centre.
Average property prices
Eure-et-Loir department: €154 500
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Paris Orly
By train: Eurostar to Paris and TGV to Tours then regional services to Chartres
By road: Chartres is 344km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Chartres): 6.7ºc/15.3ºc
Average annual rainfall: 598.9mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,758
A popular haunt for French kings and their mistresses, the modern day department of Eure-et-Loir is a rich tapestry of rivers, ponds, lakes and forests. The area boasts two natural areas, the Perche regional park to the west, which is a haven for wildlife, and the Beauce to the south, covered in lush meadows and never-ending fields. Nature is not the only thing on offer here though; the château of Châteaudun is known for being the first on the road to the Loire Valley from Paris, while Émile Zola was inspired by the town of Romilly-sur-Aigre for his novel La Terre.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France