62 Properties for sale in Indre-et-Loire, Centre-Val de Loire, France
Famous for its selection of A-list Loire Valley châteaux, Indre-et-Loire also woos visitors with its fascinating towns and charming villages. The most westerly of the departments in the Centre region, Indre-et-Loire boasts a number of towns such as Amboise, Chinon and Langeais which, although built up around castles, are worth a visit in their own right. Other iconic sights include the Plus Beau Village of Montresor and La Devinière, near Seuilly, reported to be the birthplace of the author Rabelais.
CAPITAL: TOURS - An important Loire river crossing point in Gallic times, Tours is renowned for the supposed perfection of its spoken French and its beautiful Gothic cathedral. Almost completely destroyed in World War II, the city was subsequently rebuilt and today is punctuated with many green spaces, which have earned it the title of ‘Le Jardin de France'.
Average property prices
Indre-et-Loire department: €183 000
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Tours
By train: Eurostar to Paris and TGV to Tours
By road: Tours is 525km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Tours): 7.5ºc/16.1ºc
Average annual rainfall: 695.6mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,833.3
Indre-et-Loire combines world-renowned châteaux, with countless quaint villages and natural heritage to ensure visitors to the area are kept busy. Highlights in the east of the department are Montresor, with its elegant château and Loire river setting, Amboise and the stunning Château de Chenonceau, while in the west Langeais and Loches will win visitors over with their extremely charming centres. For a quintessential French river setting, then a visit to Chinon in the southwest is a must.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France