105 Properties for sale in Indre, Centre-Val de Loire, France
Located towards the southwest of the Centre region, the department of Indre has an interesting mix of Plus Beaux Villages, châteaux and natural beauty. Despite its location south of the famous Loire Valley châteaux, the Indre still boasts many places of interest, from the charming medieval towns of Châteauroux and Valencay to the historic villages of St-Benoit-du-Sault and Gargilesse-Dampierre, home to a series of beautiful frescoes and a house once owned by author George Sand.
CAPITAL: CHÂTEAUROUX - This charming city boasts a quaint old centre featuring clusters of 16th-century houses, testament to its importance as a centre for textile production in the middle ages. Just outside the city confines lies the Châteauroux forest, with plenty of trails and cycle routes for lovers of the outdoors.
Average property prices
Indre department: €89 600
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Tours
By train: Eurostar to Paris and TGV to St-Pierre-des-Corps then local services to Châteauroux
By road: Châteauroux is 558km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Châteauroux): 7.3ºc/16.3ºc
Average annual rainfall: 737.1mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,840.6
The Indre department is a land full of surprises that gives its Loire neighbours a run for their money. In the south-west corner lies the Brenne Natural Regional Park, filled with lakes, forests and marshlands, along with a diverse range of birds and impressive array of flora and fauna. Not far away are the picturepostcard villages of Argenton-sur-Creuse, La Châtre and Gargilesse-Dampierre dotted with quaint centres, while further north lies the jewel in the area's crown, the grand Renaissance-style Château de Valencay and its impressive gardens.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France