80 Properties for sale in Loir-et-Cher, Centre-Val de Loire, France
Set in the Centre region, the department owes its name to the two rivers that traverse it: the Loir in the north and the Cher in the south. Elegant towns such as Blois and Vendôme and picturesque villages punctuate the landscape. With its grand châteaux, glorious gardens, wonderful vineyards and easy-to-follow cycling routes, the department embodies the richness of the Loire Valley lifestyle. The dynamic Loir&Cher 2020 project is increasing quality of life in many areas, from healthcare and employment to culture.
CAPITAL: BLOIS - As a Ville d'Art et d'Histoire, Blois has a lively cultural calendar and a delightful mix of architecture – from medieval half timbered houses to grand stone mansions. A charming town with a regal past – it was home to seven kings and 10 queens of France – Blois is famed for its Renaissance castle in the centre of the town.
Average property prices
Loir-et-Cher department: €115 100
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Paris and Tours
By train: Eurostar to Paris and TGV to St-Pierre-des-Corps then local services to Blois
By road: Blois is 472km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Tours): 7.5°C/16.1°C
Average annual rainfall: 695.6mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,833.3
Visit some of the most stunning of the Loire Valley châteaux including Blois and Chambord, a mega palace with a staggering 440 rooms. With the Loire à Vélo cycle path crossing the department, a peaceful bike trip is a must before picnicking in a shady spot by the River Loire. The ZooParc de Beauval is popular, and noted for its emphasis on conservation. Stunning villages include the Plus Beau Village of Lavardin, which repelled a siege by Richard the Lionheart.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France