6 Properties for sale in Corse-du-Sud, Corsica, France
Corse-du-Sud, the southern half of Corsica, is home to several beautiful coastal towns as well as an abundance of natural sites to explore. For popular seaside resorts head to the southern coast and Porto-Vecchio, Bonifacio or Ajaccio or, if you prefer to get closer to nature, hop on a boat out to the Îles Lavezzi or the Scandola nature reserve.
Capital: Ajaccio As well as being capital of Corse-du-Sud and of Corsica itself, Ajaccio is famous as the birthplace of Napoleon Bonaparte with many streets and squares named after him, as well as a museum dedicated to him in the house where he was born. Ajaccio is a port town with a pretty harbourside, a 16th-century citadel and pastel-coloured houses along its narrow streets.
Average property prices
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: There are four airports in Corsica: Calvi, Bastia, Ajaccio and Figari which have seasonal flights
Average annual temperature: (Ajaccio): 10.4°C/20.5°C
Average annual rainfall: 615.6mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 2,755.8
Southern Corsica is popular with tourists, especially the resort of Porto-Vecchio on the south-east coast. Sometimes called the Corsican St-Tropez, it is home to fashionable bars and boutiques and a harbour full of expensive yachts. Another popular seaside town is Bonifacio, Corsica’s oldest town, which is perched dramatically atop limestone cliffs. Nature-lovers should visit the Îles Lavezzi or the Scandola nature reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Corsican food is a delicious blend of French and Italian cuisines with plenty of fresh fish, seafood and meat like wild boar, lamb and veal. If you get the chance then watch the unique Corsican polyphonic choral singing at one of the many local concerts.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France