2 Properties for sale in Haute-Corse, Corsica, France
White sandy beaches are probably the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Corsica, and there are certainly plenty of them. But Haute-Corse, the northern half of the region, is also home to mountains, perfect for hiking and even skiing in the winter, the Desert des Agriates, a 5,000-hectare area of protected scrubland, and the Balagne region, nicknamed the ‘garden of Corsica’.
Capital: Bastia At the base of the Cap Corse on Corsica’s north-east coast is the departmental capital Bastia. The town is both a business hub and picturesque port and old town with narrow streets and alleys, the large Saint-Jean-Baptiste church and Genoese Governor’s palace which is now home to the Musée de Bastia.
Average property prices
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: By air: there are four airports in Corsica: Calvi, Bastia, Ajaccio and Figari which have seasonal flights from the UK and year-round flights from France
Average annual temperature: (Bastia): 11.5°C/20.6°C
Average annual rainfall: 799.3mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 2,579.3
Haute-Corse encompasses historical landmarks, unusual wildlife, great beaches and some of the most visited coastal towns in the region. One of the most famous is probably Calvi, a former Roman port and now packed with colourful houses, harbourside cafes and sandy beaches. Further along the coast is L’Île-Rousse (the red island) named for its ochre rocks, and there are several Plus Beaux Villages in Haute-Corse, including Sant’Antonino, Pigna and Saint-Florent. Corsican food is often described as a blend of French and Italian cuisines. As well as plenty of fresh fish and seafood expect to see meat like wild boar, lamb and veal on menus. Corsica has a unique tradition of polyphonic choral singing which you can hear at the many local concerts held across the island.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France