2 Properties for sale in Meurthe-et-Moselle, Grand-Est (formerly Champagne-Ardenne, Lorraine and Alsace), France
This department in the Lorraine region owes its unusual shape (it’s been compared to a goose) to history – it’s a fusion of those communes in Meurthe and the original Moselle department that remained French after the 1871 Treaty of Frankfurt. Although set in the midst of Lorraine, at its northern edge it borders Belgium and Luxemburg. With four main rivers, forests and rolling countryside, the department offers plenty of gentle ways to enjoy nature. The town of Lunéville is rich in history and culture.
CAPITAL: NANCY Its three UNESCO-listed squares, the Places Stanislas, d’Alliance and de la Carrière are among the finest 18th-century architecture in France. The École de Nancy was the birthplace of Art Nouveau and the Saurupt district has some of the best examples of architecture inspired by the movement.
Average property prices
Meurthe-et-Mosell: €102 000
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: There are no airports in Meurtheet-Moselle; the nearest airports are in Paris and Strasbourg
By train: Eurostar to Paris and TGV to Nancy
By road: Nancy is 481km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Nancy): 6.0°C/14.9°C
Average annual rainfall: 775.1mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,664.9
Art Nouveau fans shouldn’t miss the chance to see the work of Emile Gallé and his contemporaries in the Musée de l’École de Nancy. Part of the department lies in the Parc Naturel Régional de Lorraine with its lakes, forests and rural villages. Decorative arts still thrive; take the opportunity to visit studios of glassmakers, ceramicists and stained-glass artists. Set in a loop of the Moselle river, the 12th-century village of Liverdun has many historic buildings and was once home to the Bishop of Toul.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France