29 Properties for sale in Pas-de-Calais, Hauts-de-France (formerly Nord-Pas-de-Calais and Picardy), France
Pas-de-Calais makes up half of the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region and its name is the French equivalent of the Strait of Dover in English. The department saw some of the fiercest fighting in World War I and there are numerous memorials to the dead of both world wars here. The spectacular coastline of Pas-de-Calais is known as the Côte d'Opale and visitors flock to chic resorts such as Le Touquet. The department also boasts three national parks and two Villes d'Art et d'Histoire in Boulogne-sur-Mer and St-Omer.
CAPITAL: ARRAS - Arras has two UNESCO World Heritage Sites within its environs in the form of the Gothic town hall belfry and the Vauban citadel. Other attractions include La Grand'Place and La Place des Héros, which are flanked by 155 Flemish-Baroque townhouses topped with curvaceous Dutch gables. The Art District is renowned for its Italian-style theatre hall built in 1785.
Average property prices
Pas-de-Calais department: €134 300
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Le Touquet
By train: Eurostar to Lille and TGV to Arras
By road: Arras is 112km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Boulogne-sur-Mer): 8.4°C/13.4°C
Average annual rainfall: 777.9mm
Average annual sunshine hours: approximately 1,600 in Nord-Pas-de-Calais
The Louvre Lens, a satellite of the Louvre in Paris, is situated on the site of a former coal mine in the city of Lens and features a selection of masterpieces from the Louvre's core collection. The Nausicaä aquarium in Boulogne-sur-Mer is one of the largest in Europe while in Calais the Cité Internationale de la Dentelle et de la Mode is dedicated to the history of lace-making in the region. On the coast the headlands of Blanc-Nez and Gris-Nez offer spectacular views across to Kent on a clear day.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France