62 Properties for sale in Eure, Normandy, France
The southern of the two departments that makes up the region of Upper Normandy, Eure is named after the eponymous river that snakes through it. The department is renowned for its verdant fields, sleepy villages and natural heritage, with two of France's most loved destinations – Monet's garden in Giverny and Richard the Lionheart's Château Gaillard – among its many other treasures. The department's close proximity to the French capital means that it is a popular weekend destination for city dwellers seeking a heavy dose of tranquillity.
CAPITAL: ÉVREUX - One of the oldest towns in France, the department's capital Évreux sits alongside the River Iton and is known as the Episcopal City for its two principal monuments – the Cathedral of Notre-Dame and the Episcopal Palace. The former has been rebuilt over the centuries and is but one symbol of the city's turbulent past.
Average property prices
Eure department: €150 300
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Paris Charles de Gaulle
By train: Eurostar to Paris then regional services
By road: Évreux is 272km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Évreux): 6.6ºc/15.0ºc
Average annual rainfall: 604.6mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,684.4
Despite losing out in visitor numbers to its coastal neighbours, the department still has plenty to make a visit here worthwhile. The area is just a stone's throw from the coast and boasts an attractive mix of traditional villages, sweeping plains and swathes of forest, all of which makes for a truly relaxing break. Created under the auspices of Richard the Lionheart, the hilltop Château Gaillard is a must for history lovers, its River Seine setting a pleasant reminder of the area's tranquillity.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France