53 Properties for sale in Seine-maritime, Normandy, France
Home to the dramatic chalky cliffs of northern Normandy, the Alabaster Coast of Seine-Maritime is peppered with sophisticated towns and elegant seaside resorts. Constructed for the upper echelon of Parisian society, they are now well loved by discerning tourists from around the world and home to a large number of British expats. Inland, this Upper Normandy department is partly made up of the Parc Naturel Régional des Boucles de la Seine Normande which is full of sporting activities including climbing, windsurfing and horse riding.
CAPITAL: ROUEN - One of the most prosperous cities of medieval Europe, Rouen has a wealth of grand ancient monuments including the gothic church of Notre Dame, which is the subject of a number of paintings by Claude Monet, and Rouen castle, which at one point held Joan of Arc captive. The best time to visit is during L'Armada, when the city port is filled by the finest sailing ships and warships from around the world which travel up the Seine for a series of concerts and festivities.
Average property prices
Seine-Maritime department: €150,000
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Paris Charles de Gaulle airport
By train: Eurostar to Paris then regional services to Rouen By road: Rouen is 214km from Calais
By road: Normandy has ferry ports in Caen, Cherbourg, Dieppe and Le Havre
Average annual temperature: (Rouen): 6.6°C/14.4°C
Average annual rainfall: 851.7mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,557.5
Seaside towns such as Étretat and Fécamp are popular with tourists but make sure you don't miss the harbour villages such as St-Valery-en-Caux or the fishing inlets such as Le Treport. Inland, there are several important abbeys including those at Jumieges and Montivilliers.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France