148 Properties for sale in Hautes-Pyrénées, Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
Part of the Midi-Pyrénées region, Hautes-Pyrénées is a land of contrasts. Its southern reaches are mountainous, with notable peaks including the Pic du Midi de Bigorre and the Cirque du Gavarnie in the Parc National des Pyrénées, which is a magnet for enthusiasts of outdoor pursuits. Further north, the terrain becomes more gently undulating before giving way to flat agricultural land. Several towns, including Cauterets and Luz-St-Sauveur have grown round its natural hot springs and there are also a number of popular ski resorts in the department.
CAPITAL: TARBES - Dating back to Roman times, Tarbes stands on the River Ardour and its almost equidistant location between the mountains and the sea make it a magnet for those seeking an active outdoor lifestyle. Top places to visit include the Musée Massey, Haras National stud farm and Le Jardin Massey.
Average property prices
Hautes-Pyrénées department: €136,500
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: UK flights to Lourdes
By train: Eurostar to Paris and TGV to Tarbes via Toulouse
By road: Tarbes is 1,091km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Tarbes): 7.6°C/17.6°C
Average annual rainfall: 1,047.4mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,951.2
The sanctuary at Lourdes draws thousands of people every year who make the pilgrimage to this little town in the foothills of the Pyrénées. Hautes-Pyrénées is also a permanent fixture on the itinerary of the Tour de France, testing the cyclists' strength and stamina on the mountains passes. The region's top jazz festival is held every year in Luz-St-Sauveur and Tarbes also hosts two major annual events: Festival Equestria, in celebration of the horse, and a Tango festival, Tarbes en Tango.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France