228 Properties for sale in Lot, Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
Its next door neighbour might be hugely popular, drawing Brits in their droves, but the Lot department just across the border in Midi-Pyrénées can more than hold its own. So much more than a bridge between ‘Dordogneshire' and the sunny climes of Languedoc-Roussillon, the Lot department is in fact an area of outstanding natural beauty which forms part of the stunning Lot valley. The area boasts spectacular scenery and sprawling countryside, not to mention fascinating prehistoric caves and picturesque villages.
CAPITAL: CAHORS - The capital of the department combines old and new, with its medieval and newly built parts standing side by side in perfect harmony. The city's best feature has to be the Pont Valentré, an impressive 14th century bridge with arched gateways and three towers which spans the river. A welltrodden part of the route to Santiago de Compostela in the Middle Ages, it is now listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Average property prices
Lot department: €115,000
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Brive-la-Gaillarde
By train: Eurostar and TGV to Montauban then regional services to Lot
By road: Cahors is 863km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Gourdon): 7.6ºC/17.9ºC
Average annual rainfall: 856.7mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 2,078.9
Located to the north of the department capital is the picture-postcard village of St-Cirq Lapopie. Designated as one of the country's Plus Beaux Villages and classified as a historic monument, it perches on a cliff high above a bend in the river and seems to reach up and touch the sky. Enchanting and charming, the village truly is the stuff of fairytales and casts a spell over all those who have the good fortune to find it.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France