288 Properties for sale in Tarn, Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
Enjoying a rich architectural heritage, the Midi-Pyrénées department of Tarn enjoys a plethora of fortified historic villages many of which are built in a recognisable local style. Some of the bastide villages, such as Cordes-Sur-Ciel, date back to the 13th century, while the city of Albi is a protected UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Tarn valley is a mecca for hikers and bikers, with 3,500km of trails weaving their way through the department. Known for its cultural events, Tarn is home to a number of annual festivals including the Albi carnival and the Cinéfeuilles festival in Gaillac.
CAPITAL: ALBI - The episcopal city of Albi holds many treasures including the huge brick cathedral of Ste-Cécile, the Berbie palace and the oldest bridge in France, dating back to 1040. Being a southern city, it has a leisurely feel with cafés and restaurants spilling out onto the ancient cobbled streets. The Toulouse-Lautrec gallery shouldn't be missed while the exhibitions at the LAIT art centre showcase excellent contemporary art and one of the best views of the city.
Average property prices
Tarn department: €125,000
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Many regional airports from UK offer flights to Toulouse
By train: Eurostar and TGV to Montaubaun then regional services to Tarn
By road: Albi is 960km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Albi): 8.1°C/18.7°C
Average annual rainfall: 730.9mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 2,113.2
There are countless charming villages scattered across Tarn, but those awarded the Plus Beaux Villages de France label are Castelnau de Montmiral, Lautrec, Monastiés and Puycelsi. Wine tours are a great way to explore the area, while the south of the department falls within the Parc Naturel Régional du Haut-Languedoc.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France