43 Properties for sale in Loire-Atlantique, Pays de la Loire, France
Set in the south of Pays-de-la-Loire, this department touches the Atlantic along its western edge and is crossed by the River Loire. The area once formed a fifth of the Duchy of Brittany but became part of the new region of Pays-de-la Loire when the latter was created by the Vichy government. Pornic and La Baule are popular seaside resorts, while the shipbuilding town of Saint-Nazaire was an important naval base for the Germans during World War II, as well as a strategic target for the Allies.
CAPITAL: NANTES - The former capital of the Duchy of Brittany is an attractive, vibrant city known for its forward outlook. In recent years Nantes has reinvented itself as a city-wide gallery thanks to a wealth of public modern art, which sits harmoniously with its many examples of classical architecture. The city can also be explored by boat on one of the numerous river cruises available.
Average property prices
Loire-Atlantique department : €215,000
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Nantes
By train: Eurostar to Paris and TGV to Nantes
By road: Nantes is 597km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Nantes): 8.3°C/16.7°C
Average annual rainfall: 819.5mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 1,791.3
Don't miss the magical Machines de Nantes, inspired by Nantes resident Jules Verne, including the Great Elephant. While you're in town, dine at La Cigale brasserie to experience 19th-century elegance. The Parc Naturel Régional de Brière is the second largest marsh in France and home to unique flora and fauna as well as the pretty traditional thatched village of Kerhinet. For a seaside treat, visit upmarket La Baule or for an alternative take on coastal life, and see the salt farmers in action at the Guérande marshes.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France