176 Properties for sale in Alpes-Maritimes, Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
Tucked up next to Italy in France's south-eastern corner, Alpes-Maritimes is currently part of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. The glitz and the glamour of the well-known resorts of Nice, Cannes and Antibes have long attracted celebs and holidaymakers alike, but there is much more to this diverse department. Whether you prefer discovering wildlife in the mountains, exploring quaint villages or lying on a beach, you will find something for you in Alpes-Maritime.
CAPITAL: NICE - A distinctive Mediterranean town, Nice only became part of France in 1860. It boasts the elegant tree-lined Promenade des Anglais, a quaint old town, busy markets and a thriving social scene. The scenery and light have inspired many painters including Matisse and Chagall, whose work can be seen in the city's many museums.
Average property prices
Alpes-Maritimes department: €430 000
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Nice
By train: Eurostar to Paris and then TGV to Nice
By road: Nice is 1,230km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Nice): 12.4°C/19.6°C
Average annual rainfall: 733mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 2,724.2
Soak up the sunshine on one of the many beaches – Cannes, Antibes and Menton to name a few. Learn to make scents in perfume capital Grasse and explore the Matisse Museum in Nice. To escape the crowds head into the Mercantour National Park and discover wildlife and waterfalls, or into the hilltop villages of the Alps. Don't miss the colourful festivals along the coast, the best include Menton Lemon Festival, Nice Carnival and Cannes Film Festival.
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France