62 Properties for sale in Bouches-du-Rhône, Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
Captured on canvas by such famous names as Vincent Van Gogh and Paul Cézanne, Bouches-du-Rhône is located on the Mediterranean coast in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. It is a department of vast contrasts, from the untamed nature of the Camargue and the Calanques national park to the vibrant city of Marseille, with plenty of pretty and historic villages in between.
CAPITAL: MARSEILLE - Marseille is France's largest commercial port and a vibrant and cosmopolitan city. Designated as the European Capital of Culture in 2013, it is home to the new Museum of European and Mediterranean Civilisations (MuCEM), which is housed in a futuristic-looking building. As well as a thriving cultural scene, Marseille has elegant boulevards, green parks and the Vieux-Port, where you'll find traditional fishing boats bobbing alongside modern yachts. Famous for its soap factories, Marseille is France's second largest city.
Average property prices
Bouches-du-Rhône department: €314 400
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: There are year-round flights to Marseille from several UK airports
By train: There is a new direct Eurostar service from London St Pancras to Marseille which takes about six and a half hours
By road: Marseille is 1,027km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Salon-de-Provence): 8.7°C/20°C
Average annual rainfall: 579.3mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 2,654
Nature-lovers can head straight to the Calanques national park, one of the most beautiful stretches of coast in France, or the Camargue delta known for its white horses and pink flamingos. The picturesque village of St-Rémy-de-Provence has long been a favourite with artists, including the aformentioned Van Gogh, while Arles is famous for its Roman amphitheatre.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France