247 Properties for sale in Vaucluse, Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
Home to prestigious wines, fragrant lavender fields, a rich architectural heritage and a legendary stage of the Tour de France, not to mention spectacular scenery and six of France's Plus Beaux Villages, the department of Vaucluse undeniably has many strings to its bow. Of course, it is also home to author Peter Mayle, who chronicled his first year here in the 1989 book A Year in Provence, and who has been a household name as a result ever since.
CAPITAL: AVIGNON - Classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Avignon was the seat of the papacy in the 14th century and the Palais des Papes is one of the largest and most important medieval Gothic buildings in Europe.
Average property prices
Vaucluse department: €210,000
Source: Notaires de France
Access from UK
By air: Avignon
By train: Eurostar to Avignon
By road: Avignon is 986km from Calais
Average annual temperature: (Carpentras): 8.1ºC/20.6ºC
Average annual rainfall: 648.2mm
Average annual sunshine hours: 2,811
Known as the ‘Venice of Provence', the picturesque town of L'Isle-sur-la Sorgue is popular with art lovers and collectors and has become one of the largest European centres for antiques. From browsing antique shops to activities altogether more energetic, there are endless opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors, from hiking and cycling to canoeing and horse-riding. Mountains occupy a large proportion of the eastern half of Vaucluse, with Mont Ventoux dominating the landscape. Towering over the lavender fields at a height of 1,912m, the ‘Giant of Provence' has been challenging cyclists taking part in the Tour de France since 1951.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France