Countryside house near to Bassoues, Gers, Gers, Occitanie
A character property renovated from three abandoned houses. The property now consists of 2 adjacent houses in a hectare of garden, one completely rebuilt and the other a new build, both in the original style.
Each house has its own reception room and together totals 7 bedrooms. There are spectacular views of the Pyrenees.The Gascon farmhouse dates to around 1855 and was rebuilt in 1999.
Distributed over 230 m² metres it has 2 floors and an attic room, and is surrounded by terraces to make full advantage of the weather during different seasons.
The Kitchen is spacious (47 m2) with a wood burning stove, and modern units including built in range cooker, fridge, microwave and dishwasher, original terracotta tiles and stone sink. There is a door on to a terrace that is covered and makes a wonderful space for summer dining.
Two utility rooms, both with good modern storage units and a sofa for the dogs, with double doors opening out onto the covered terrace dining and summer seating area.
Dining room with stone sink, leading through to a sitting room that has a full size ceiling, wood burning stove and two double panelled French doors leading out to the lane at the back of the house. Floors tiled in original terre cuite tomettes with oak inlay. Double doors open onto the terrace, from the dining room end.
Boiler room and utility room housing the solar panel water storage tank and oil fired boiler.
Ground floor double bedroom 1, with adjoining shower room.
1st floor: study fitted with shelves and cupboards, beams to open vaulted ceiling.
Double Bedroom 2,with adjoining shower room.
Attic double bedroom 3, with WC and washbasin in a separate bathroom.
The main bedroom 4, and spacious ensuite bathroom with roll-topped bath.
This house can comfortably sleep 8 people.
In 2008 solar panels were installed on the roof for heating and hot water.
All the windows in the house were changed in 2010 for high specification double-glazing.
A new special eco fosse septic (Bio-Solv) was installed in 2007.
5 telephone points in the house with high speed Broadband.
The second house which can be run as a Gite comprises of a large sitting room dining room with full height ceiling, with underfloor heating and a wood burning stove. Modern kitchen with all appliances and a utility room with sink and storage cupboards.
1 Double bedroom downstairs with ensuite bathroom with walk in shower.
2 large double bedrooms upstairs with Jack and Jill shower room.
- All the doors and windows in this house are double-glazed.
This house also has its own private fenced garden and a small plunge pool.
There is a double garage which is used as the main garage for both houses.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France