Wonderful riverside watermill in the Loire Valley, Sarthe, Pays de la Loire
This charming 6 bedroomed Loire Valley watermill house full of character and period features is set on 1 hectare of land and sits by the river. It is situated a short drive from the market town of Chateau du Loir with all amenities and with as easy access to the motorway to Le Mans, Tours, Paris etc .. . The current owners have done an excellent job in restoring, renovating and restructuring this mill house to create a bright and airy home while retaining the full benefits of the site it sit on. The river and mill reach views are wonderful, the small islands lush and usable and the south facing frontal aspect with its immaculate finish gives an instant impression for what awaits within.
THE ACCOMMODATION The central rooms and heart of this home, are open plan with a central double-sided wood burner as a feature dividing the lounge and sitting area from the dining and kitchen. This sizable double aspect room has large almost floor to ceiling windows on both sides profiting the maximum from the outside features and views as well as allowing plenty of natural light into this impressive room. The kitchen is well equipped with a large central island and patio doors leading directly to the rear terrace and BBQ area. The formal entrance hall with restored period staircase leads you to an office, wc and shower room and then onto 2 large storerooms (these could easily be turned into a downstairs bedroom, TV lounge, etc. if required). Upstairs the landing leads to a large family bathroom (bath, twin sinks and shower), dressing room and large bedroom (an ideal master suite) whilst on the other side are 3 double bedrooms all with great views over the reach and river beyond and another shower room and wc. The attic is in good order and could easily provide another two large double bedrooms and bathrooms if required. The whole property has underfloor heating (heat pump with extra oil boiler if needed) and traditional tiled floors throughout the ground floor.
The plot is approximately 2 hectares and includes a sizable outbuilding: two car garage and two former stable rooms with an attic above, lawn area, mature trees, mill reach (with turbine) and river frontage. This property could be available with another 2 bedroom house and extra land (up to 16 hectares) at an additional cost.
A great property in an lovely location ideal as a family home with plenty of space for guests.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France