Luxury home with park, paddocks, pool, tennis court, river access ..., Loir-et-Cher, Centre-Val de Loire
This former working watermill is set on 3 hectare of land and has been transformed into luxury accommodation for owners and guests with park, paddocks, garden, woodland, pool and pool house, tennis court, direct river access, islands, manor house, former signalman’s cottage (now a gite), former 'office' (now a gite), electricity producing turbine, manor house and still several houses and the mill buildings ripe to convert/restore. There's plenty of room for several families and/or plenty of guests in this rare mill property in a shape of a small hamlet. The Main House Is currently used as a successful Bed and Breakfast has 5 double guest bedrooms on the first floor and the owner’s bedroom on the ground floor along with large double diner/lounge, separate breakfast room, office and kitchen with basement garage and utility areas. Gite 1 The first gite (the former signalman’s cottage – the line has been long since removed and is a recognized tourist walk/cycle path) has a lounge and kitchen/diner along with wc and shower room on the ground floor and 2 bedrooms above. Gite 2 The second gite (former office for the working mill) has had many original features kept and enhanced into the design offering on the ground floor; double bedroom, shower room and wc, lounge, entrance hall and large kitchen/diner. Above are 3 bedrooms and another shower room with wc. Additional information The reception hall of roughly 285 sqm is ideal for weddings, birthday or retirement parties or art exhibitions, etc... and the attached mill building is ripe for conversion into whatever takes your fancy. There are also three other houses in a line which could easily be renovated/improved to provide additional accommodation if required. The property benefits from a water turbine which not only produces the electricity for the site but also sufficient to sell a significant quantity (circa 15,000 euros per year) to EDF. The heating system is a recent one using highly cost efficient “wood chips”. The tennis court, pool and pool-house are located along the river banks. About the area The location is idyllic with good access to local amenities at Montoire, TGV access to Paris a short drive away at Vendome and the local historic troglodyte village of Trôo a short walk away.
An ideal opportunity to invest in this money making property with scope to expand further if required.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France