Period watermill with river frontage and guest lodge in the Sarthe, Sarthe, Pays de la Loire
Beautifully converted (with scope for more), this period watermill has over 500 meters of river frontage and banks along a class 1 Trout river, combine this with over 12 acres of land, a large 5 bedroom 5 bathroom main mill house (with wheel and some workings) and separate 2 bedroom guest lodge make this a very complete property.
The property is will situated in an easy to find location (ideal for B&B) between two local villages with a good selection of amenities and a short drive to the popular tourist destination of La Chartre sur Loir or Le Grand Lucé. The current owners run a successful B&B and gite accommodation business on site and the goodwill and bookings could be handed over to the new owner along with the furnishing needed (subject to negotiations).
The Accommodation The Main house The large family home is comfortably spread over three floors and provides today 2 floors with four guest bedrooms and en-suite facilities, a large dining hall with original mill workings, spacious kitchen and breakfast area with original bread over, private double aspect lounge with feature fireplace, large games room and owner’s master suite. The attached wheel room houses the original wheel and today the gas boiler.
Guest Accommodation A workshop has been prepared for future conversion into a separate 1 bedroom apartment with river views. The former stable and barn with high vaulted roof has had planning permission granted to convert into another guest lodge and the end of the property (former workers cottage) is today a delightful 2 bedroom guest lodge with lounge and kitchen/diner.
Outside Outside there is a separate tuffeau stone barn, a double garage, orchard, garden, lawn areas, 3 rough paddocks (currently used for hay), vegetable patch, and the other side of the lane further land and river frontage. Various terraces have been constructed to provide plenty of seating areas for the owners and guests to sit and enjoy the relaxing sound of the water and views over the river.
A viewing is highly recommended but be warned it’ll be difficult to leave.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France