Gorgeous nobleman's home in the popular riverside town of Availles Limouzine with stunning countryside views. Five bedrooms, surprisingly large and peaceful courtyard and garden, separate one bedroom apartment with a good letting history, further house (f, Vienne, Nouvelle Aquitaine
This is a large and impressive stone house in the centre of town and only a few hundred yards from the beautiful river Vienne, with stunning views and within easy walking distance of all amenities and a weekly market just over the road.
The house is thought to be about 300 years old and still has some original features, although it was originally renovated in 1968 and the current owner has upgraded it including replacing a lot of the windows (with wooden double-glazed windows), redoing the kitchen, completely renovating the dining room and adding super-duper insulation. It has mains drains, oil central heating and a new electric water heater.
65 km south of Poitiers and 70 km north-west of Limoges, so a good choice of bargain flights to and from the UK. If you prefer to drive from the ports Caen Le Havre and St Malo are about 5 hours drive and Calais is about 7 hours by car.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France