Former bergerie in 2 acres of land with a fenced paddock with stable block, Indre-et-Loire, Centre-Val de Loire
This former bergerie set in 2 acres of land with a fenced paddock with stable block , vegetable patch with garden store, large terrace, gardens and parking situated near Tours in the Loire Valley. On the sun facing side of this quiet river valley the home enjoys lovely views and good access to a category 1 fishing river.
This former “bergerie” for the local manor house dates back to 1720, through a succession of owners it has been transformed and enlarged and today offers comfortable family accommodation with plenty of space inside and out.
The Accommodation The recent conservatory/extension to the rear brings all the aspects of life outside into a large open plan kitchen/breakfast/lounge area with direct access to the terrace, al-fresco dining area and pool. The spacious games room has stairs leading to the first floor and could easily be used as a dining hall or cinema room, etc. The cosy lounge features the original fireplace with bread oven and cooking ovens and has direct access to the covered dining area, pool and terrace. The former “bergerie” room is currently used as a store but could be used for a number of other options. There are two stairs to the first floor where you’ll discover 3 double bedrooms, dressing areas, office and bathroom. There’s plenty of scope to create three en-suites for the three bedrooms. Passing through the large integral garage (again easily converted into more accommodation space if required) we step out the back door, across the passageway and into the guest lodge.
Currently used as the “business building” the office is ready to be a large kitchen, the meeting room the lounge, the shower room and wc is already in place. Upstairs are two large double bedrooms and a third room ready to be a bathroom.
Outside The plot measures approx roughly 2 acres and is a mix of fenced paddock with stable block (2 stables, tack room and hay store with shower), vegetable patch with garden store, large terrace with above ground pool, gardens and parking. An ideal home for a family with friends/guests (paying or otherwise), additional land is currently rented to provide more space for the owners horses and we understand that this arrangement can be maintained. Good access to local amenities and a short drive into Tours whilst retaining the quiet of country life.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France