South Touraine chateau with a large farm, stables, kennels and land, Indre-et-Loire, Centre-Val de Loire
This well presented 18th-19th century Touraine chateau comes with 30 hectares of private estate and a large farm building, stables, kennels and a pigeonnier. Located a short drive south from the popular market town of Loches, with excellent access to Tours and Paris (3h15) with plenty of space within the chateau and possibility for even more in the outbuildings.
The Chateau The chateau offers 1200 sqm of habitable space with scope for a further 600 sqm. On the ground floor the entrance hall has an attractive tiled floor and stairs leading to the first floor. The kitchen of 12 sqm has traditional quarry tiled floors which extend into the utility room. The main lounge of 56 sqm features a stone floor, ceiling roses and marble fireplace and direct access to the park. A second reception room of 45 sqm features a large tuffeau stone fireplace. The dining hall (43 sqm) has the same character tiles as the entrance hall and also benefits from another large fireplace and exposed beams. A billiard room of 35 sqm with oak parquet floor, fireplace and original ceiling rose. You will also discover a library of 32 sqm with oak parquet floor and stone fireplace, wc, 2 further entrance halls and two good sized double bedrooms complete the ground floor. The first floor (accessible via a choice of 3 staircases) provides a large corridor with parquet floor and cupboards giving access to 6 bedrooms with oak parquet floors and several with feature fireplaces and a second landing accessing another 4 bedrooms. The upper floor (former staff quarters) are available for additional accommodation. Some redecoration is needed in some areas.
Outside In addition to the chateau there is a farm of 350 sqm, stables, kennels and a pigeonnier. The swimming pool of 13m x 5m comes complete with a covered pool house. The grounds are a mixture of formal parkland, woodland and paddocks totaling roughly 30 hectares.
This lovely chateau property is well presented and in a great quiet location with a local village nearby and a choice of market towns within a short drive.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France