cherves-richemont-charente, Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
From the courtyard doors open to both the kitchen and the sitting room. The kitchen (about 12m2 in total) has a terracotta tiled floor, exposed beam ceiling and an attractive stone fireplace. There is plenty ofspace for a good-size kitchen table and thegalley-style cooking area has a range of built-in units.
To the left of the kitchen a door opens to a room (32m2 - currently used as the dining room but which would also make a great sitting room) with wooden floor, exposed beam ceiling and another attractive stone fireplace.
To the right of the kitchen a door opens to a room (17m2 - currently used as the sitting room) with tiled floor and a large glazed door opening to the garden. Off this room are a bedroom (10.5m2) and a shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC).
To the back of the kitchen a door opens to a small entrance area with a door to the back garden. From this area a staircase rises to the first floor.
At the top of the stairs isa small landing, off which is a WC. To the right of the landing a door opens to a bathroom (bath and wash-basin). From the bathroom a door then opens to a large bedroom (31m2) with a wooden floor, high ceiling, stone fireplace and a gallery-style mezzanine.
From the landing another door opens to a room (15m2) off which is an attic space (36m2) which is currently being made habitable. This attic space could be transformed into a bathroom and if so, then the house would have 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
Running along one side of the courtyard is a large stone barn, divided into a number of spaces
The house sits on a plot of 2267m2. To the front of the house is a very pretty courtyard garden, laid to lawn with a mature lime tree, a number of shrubs and an attractive covered well. To the back of the house is a second area of garden, mainly left to lawn, with views over vineyards. Both gardens are accessible for cars. To the back of the barn is an orchard.
This is a very pretty property in that sought-after edge-of-village location - and the village has a grocer's shop, a butcher, two boulangeries, a bar, a restaurant and a chemist, all within walking distance of the house. The historic riverside town of Cognac is just 6km away.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France