Historical estate with many outbuildings and land near Tours, Indre-et-Loire, Centre-Val de Loire
This historical home was built in 1642 and then extended in 1935, enjoying an estate of over 6 hectares with mature trees, lawn, pool, tennis court (needs attention) and 2 independent guest lodges and various outbuildings (stables, garages, chapel, etc. etc.). Currently used as a permanent residence as well as a “chambre d’hotes”.
It is ideally situated in a peaceful location whilst retaining excellent access to local amenities and a short drive into Tours with TGV station and airport along with everything else you’d expect from one of France’s major cities.
The Accommodation The manor itself has the majority of rooms with front to back (north/south) double exposure. Formal steps lead into the tiled entrance hall offering a choice of left/right or up via the staircase. To one side we have the first reception room of 46 sqm with stone feature fireplace and ornamental ceiling. The dining hall continues the marble tiled floor theme set in the entrance hall and the lounge with grey marbled fireplace and parquet flooring has also double exposure.The kitchen provides separate breakfast area and direct access to the sun terrace. A large (27 sqm) double bedroom with private bathroom (both with handicap access) complete the ground floor.
Upstairs we discover a 2 bedroom suite with study and bathroom, a large (42 sqm) bedroom with shower room and accessible via the second staircase another 2 bedroom suite and bathroom and laundry room. The second floor offers another 2 suites, each with 2 bedrooms and a bathroom and attic space (could be converted if required). The basement is home to the boiler room, 2 wine cellars and pump room for the pool.
The Outbuildings The extensive outbuildings include: The former chapel (currently used as a pool house with summer kitchen) and then around an enclosed courtyard we have the old stables offering today 2 large garages and space above, another large garage, a “longere” fully converted into guest accommodation (3/4 rooms opening onto a private enclosed garden of 2000m² currently used as a gite) and the former guardians house of 75 sqm with potential to expand into the attic space.
The Estate The estate is approx. 6.5 hectares in size with some woodland, a 2 hectare prairie, parkland, lawn, vegetable area, 2 functioning wells and a tennis court. An idyllic location offering a number of possibilities to continue or expand the existing “guest” business if required or a good sized estate for a large family.
Its proximity to Tours make this area very popular to tourists and locals alike and the excellent choice of amenities provide for a comfortable lifestyle.