Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens to the entrance hall (17m2) with tiled floor, exposed stone walls and exposed beam ceiling. To the right a door opens to a large living room (34m2) with tiled floor, exposed stone walls, exposed beam ceiling and a traditional limestone Charentaise fireplace. To the far side a door opens to a sitting room (21m2) with tiled floor and high, exposed wood ceiling.
To the left of the entrance hall a door opens to the kitchen (21m2) with tiled floor, exposed beam ceiling, exposed stone walland a range of fitted kitchen units. To the side of the kitchen a door opens to a room (18m2 - currently use as an office) with tiled floor, exposed beam ceiling, exposed stone wall and a glazed door to the front garden.
To the side of the entrance hall a wooden staircase rises to the first floor. Beneath the stairs is a WC.
The stairs from the hall rise to a spacious first floor landing with exposed stone walls(about 10m2 - easily large enough for an office / reading / TV area). From the landing a corridor provides access to three bedrooms (17m2, 16m2 and 12m2 - the smallest is currently used as a dressing room / ironing room). To the far end of the corridor is a very large family bathroom (21m2 -bath, shower, twinwash-basinsand a WC).
A door to the rear of the entrance hall opens to a large garage (about 40m2) with electric door and plumbing for a washing machine.
Attached to the house and accessed via the front garden is an outbuilding (about 30m2 on each of the two floors) currently used as a workshop. It maybe possible to extend the habitable accommodation into this part of the building (subject to any relevant planning requirements).
Next to the workshop is an open-sided outbuilding.
The house sits on a plot of 2086m2, on its own in the middle of the vineyards. To the front of the house is a parking area as well as lawn with mature shrubs and hedging. To the rear of the house the garden is mainly laid to lawn. Set high on a ridge, there are wonderful views over the vineyards and villages of the Grande Champagne.
This is a very pretty house in a great location with Segonzac, capital of the Grande Champagne, just 4km (so within walking / cycling distance) and the historic market town of Jarnac just 8km. Properties like this rarely come onto the market and are highly sought-after.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France