Detached House in a delightful wooded area and peaceful hamlet in the heartland of the Blavet Valley, Morbihan, Brittany
“Le Petit Bois” is beautifully positioned in the peaceful hamlet of Le Crann, within the Commune of Quistinic, at the end of a no-through road in a delightful wooded area nestling in the heartland of the Blavet Valley.
Built in 2012, with the residue of a 10 year warranty remaining, the house has been finished to a very high specification, with oak parquet flooring throughout the ground floor. The fitted kitchen has integrated appliances, double glazing throughout with shutters and electric heating which is programmable, supplemented by a woodburner. Carpeting to all bedrooms.
Access to the property is approached through double gates onto a gravel driveway with ample room for parking.
This property benefits from a spacious living area with direct access to the front aspect sun terrace, and includes an understair office area. The numerous features of this property include bespoke solid wood bookcases in the living area and granite fireplace which provides a focal point in the room.
The kitchen benefits from integrated appliances and a comprehensive range of countrystyle units, with family dining / breakfast area. French doors open out onto the patio and mature gardens.
Double doors lead from the kitchen to a separate dining room. Additionally there is an adjoining utility room with a freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer.
Double bedroom with separate shower room providing a private annex for guests.
Two further double bedrooms, with the added advantage of fully fitted wardrobes and ensuite shower rooms.
The Master bedroom benefits from high ceilings and impressive front aspect woodland views.
The house has a south facing aspect with patio areas to both front and rear. A variety of well stocked borders, trees and mature shrubs provide year round seclusion and privacy. Deer often venture into the garden from the adjoining wood. The property is accessed via an automated gated entrance with a video-entry system.
The property has a garage, with workshop area, and garden store room, with separate area for storage of logs.
In terms of its location, Le Crann is ideally situated:
- 8 minutes by car from the village of Bubry, with its supermarket, baker, butcher, grocery stores, bars and restaurants
- 15 minutes off the N24 motorway from Rennes to Lorient
- 30 minutes from many sandy beaches along the South Brittany coastline
- 1.5 hours from Rennes Airport – 2 hours from Brest, Nantes and Dinard Airports
- 2.5 hours from the Ferry Port of St Malo – 3.5 hours from Cherbourg and Caen Ferry Ports
The current owner has successfully combined part-time working in the UK with French living for many years.
Plot Size (m²): 21358
Taxe d'Habitation 2017: Euros 817 (incl TV licence) Taxes Fonciere 2017: Euros 712
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France