Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens into a spacious kitchen (30m2) with tiled floor, a range of fitted units and plenty of space for a dining table.
To the left of the kitchen a doorway leads to small reception room (11m2 - currently used as reading room) off which is a small office space (set under the stairs). From this room a wide archway leads through to the sitting room (26m2) with wooden floor and a fireplace.
To the right of the kitchen a door opens to a very large room (67m2) which was formerly used as an art gallery exhibition space.
A wooden staircase rises to a landing, to the right of which a door opens to a bedroom (18.5m2) which in turn has a door to another bedroom (10.5m2). From here a door opens to another room (overflow bedroom) with staircase to the second floor (10m2 - which opens back to the landing).
To the left of the landing there is access to a shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC) and then to an attic space, into which a bathroom has been built (bath, wash-basin, WC and bidet).
The stairs in the overflow bedroom rise directly into a bedroom (22m2) with exposed beams.
The main staircase rises from the landing to another bedroom (15.5m2) from where there is access to the bedroom next to it.
The outbuildings extend from the gallery and include an entrance hall, a workshop, a studio, a garage and so on. In all they cover about 350m2.
To the front of the house is an enclosed courtyard overlooking the square next to the property. To the back of this a doorway leads to a walled private garden with a terrace - a great space for outdoor entertaining.
This house is in a good location and offers great potential for business or artistic use. There may also be potential to convert some or all of the outbuildings into houses / apartments for sale or rental (subject to relevant planning permissions). The town has most major conveniences (shops, restaurants, doctor, supermarket, hairdressers, vet etc) and once a month the streets are closed and the whole town becomes one of the largest outdoor markets in France!
Rouillac also has a large cultural centre with library, theatre/cinema, musical events, exhibitions and so on. Well known locally, Les Sarabandes is a much anticipated music and art festival centred upon the town and its outlying villages.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France