Charente-Maritime, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens to the entrance hall (18m2) with tiled floor, exposed stone walls, exposed beam ceiling and a beautiful wooden staircase.
To the left of the hall a door opens to the sitting room (34m2) with wooden floor, exposed beam ceiling and a traditional Charentaise stone fireplace.
To the back of the hall a doorway provides access to a ground floor shower room (shower, wash-basin, WC and bidet).
To the right of the hall a door opens into the dining room (22m2) with wooden floor, exposed stone feature wall, exposed beam ceiling and a stone Charentaise fireplace. To the far end of the dining room a door opens to a spacious kitchen (25m2) with tiled floor, a wood-burning stove, a range of fitted units and a glazed door to the garden. Off the kitchen is a pantry/store room.
The attractive staircase rises to a large landing (12m2 - ideal as an office space) off which are two very generous bedrooms (35m2 and 27m2). There is also a shower room (shower, wash-basin, WC and bidet) which, by closing a door, becomes an ensuite if desired.
To the far side of the kitchen a door opens to a room (7m2) in which is a bath and off which is a WC. From this room a flight of stairs rises to a large bedroom (34m2) - these rooms are perfect for visiting friends and family.
Attached to the house is an attractive outbuilding which currently serves as a workshop, garage and storage area. It could be possible to extend the habitable accommodation into this building, or to create a gîte (subject to relevant permissions).
The house sits on a level plot of 2751m2. To the front a gravel drive leads to a parking area, with the rest of this part of the garden prettily landscaped with mature plantings of flower borders, trees and shrubs. To the side of the house a gate gives access to the heated swimming pool, beyond which there is more garden and a second access from the lane.
This is a very attractive property set in a small hamlet not far from the popular little town of Matha. Currently a holiday home, it would equally make a wonderful permanent residence.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France