Rare opportunity to own a very special property built over picturesque waterways. Minutes from amenities and lakeside activity centre at Moncontour. Ideal BandB., Deux-Sèvres, Nouvelle Aquitaine
Built on an island this old mill house is surrounded by the crystal clear running waters of the river Dive which also runs underneath a portion of the house. The house itself is grand and spacious with high ceilings throughout although some the upstairs rooms in particular are in need of updating. There is potential for further accommodation on the second floor in the form of a large convertible loft and in the huge barn that is attached to the side of the house.
Outside there plenty of private parking at the front and a covered seating area that juts out into the river. At the back is a small garden surrounded by water that is reached by way of a small footbridge.
There is also plenty of potential for bed and breakfast income as the property is located halfway along La Sente Divine - a 50 km network of trails and footpaths along and around the river that is a popular attraction for walkers, cyclists and those on horseback - see http://www.tourisme-loudunais.com/p11-la-sente-divine.html Details of accommodation as follows:
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France