Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens to the entrance hall (13m2) with terracotta tiled floor and exposed beam ceiling. Off the hall is a ground floor WC. From the hall a doorway leads through to the dual aspect dining room (19m2) witht the same tiling to the floor, exposed beam ceiling and an exposed stone wall.
To the far side of the dining room a doorway leads into the large dual aspect sitting room (30m2) with wooden floor, exposed beam ceiling and a fireplace with wood-burning stove. From here a few steps lead to the spacious kitchen (22m2) with tiled floor and a range of fitted kitchen unit. There is space for a good-size kitchen table and to the rear of the kitchen is a pantry / boiler room. From the kitchen a glazed door opens to the garden.
A wooden staircase rises from the entrance hall to the first floor landing, off which are four double-bedrooms (13.5m2, 11.5m2, 10.5m2 and 10.5m2). To one end of the landing is a large shower room (walk-in shower, wash-basin and WC). At the other end is a bathroom (free-standing bath, walk-in shower, wash-basin and WC). To the very far end of the landing a door opens to a study/office which has access to a private roof terrace and which also has a separate access via a flight of stairs from the garden. This room could equally be used as the fifth bedroom.
The property is accessed by a very impressive stone gateway and sits on a plot of about 540m2. The garden is mainly laid to gravel and is therefore easy to maintain, with parking for a number of cars. To the back of the house a paved terrace leads off from the kitchen and to the side of the house the current owners have built a number of inter-connected wooden terraces which are ideal for relaxing or entertaining. Next to the kitchen, and accessed from the garden, is a room (28m2) which is currently used as a gym / keep fit room.
This is a spacious house in a great location just a short walk from the village bar / restaurant and just 6km from the historic riverside town of Jarnac. Easily large enough for use as a generous family home, the manageable garden and central location are ideal for a holiday home.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France