Apartment near to Montastruc, Hautes-Pyrénées, Hautes-Pyrénées, Occitanie
A stunning conversion of a Gascon farmhouse has created pure, refined Architectural living spaces which are flooded with natural light. The building wraps around a gravelled courtyard to create a U and a stone fountain provides the focal point to the side.
An ecological sensitivity has been central to the design of the property which has much of its electricity sourced by solar panels. A geothermal heat pump runs an under floor heating system as well as providing the hot water for the house.
The design depends on the vast windows to also contribute heat generated through natural sunlight whilst a well is used for garden water and can also supply the grey water systems in the house.The original farmhouse has been converted to provide guest accommodation with two bedrooms each with en suite bathrooms, a library and an open plan living space with American kitchen and outside terrace which provides the ideal spot for al fresco dining.
The utility space is set to the back of the farmhouse and there is a Gym on the upper level with glazed windows opening over the dining space below.
The converted barns now create the show stopping heart of the home and connect the owners accommodation to the original farmhouse. A handmade kitchen built in wrought iron and wood provides a spectacular feature. Tall doors open out to the east onto the gravelled courtyard and to the west onto a covered terrace.
From here a large opening leads through to the dining room with cathedral ceiling.
The living room forms the corner room which has been opened out to provide walls of glass which look out onto the woods and verdant countryside.
From here a long glazed office leads off into the west wing of the property and opens through to the owners bedroom suite with floor to ceiling fitted cupboards and an en suite bathroom.
An artist's studio which is bathed in soft north light completes the project and is divided to provide a kitchen area, gallery and office on the upper level. The space would easily convert to create further guest accommodation should it be required by the future owners. A door leads through to a small staircase which leads up to a room in the pigeonniere which houses a Jacuzzi and shower looking out over the woods.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France