Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens into the hall (15m2) with traditional floor tiles, exposed stone walls and a beautiful wooden staircase.
To the right of the hall, a door opens into the living room (31m2) with a magnificent stone fireplace and a wooden parquet floor. This room is bright, thanks to the two large windows that open to the front of the house. The fireplace is equipped with a wood-burning stove.
To the left of the hall is the kitchen (27m2) with a beautiful stone fireplace and a stone floor. The kitchen has enough space for a large dining table.
At the back of the kitchen, a wooden door opens into a corridor that serves a bathroom (3.5m2), with a walk-in shower and a separate WC (3m2) with a space for the washing machine. The corridor continues to a ground-floor bedroom (16m2), with a French window that opens directly onto the terrace to front of the house.
At the back of the entrance hall, there is a French window to the back garden and an attractive wooden staircase leading upstairs.
To the left of the landing there is a very large bedroom (31m2), with parquet flooring, exposed stone walls and beautiful beams to the ceiling.
Opposite the stairs there is a bathroom (6m2) with a shower, a bath and a WC.
To the right of the landing, two steps lead up to two bedrooms (12m2 each) with beams to the ceiling.
Attached to the house is a pretty barn, which is used as a garage and workshop. This barn could be used to extend the house if necessary (subject to relevant planning permissions). Next to the house there is also a small stone outbuilding, used as a garden shed, it also houses the well pump, as the house is supplied with water from the well in addition to the mains supply.
There is a carport for two cars.
To the front of the house there is a pretty courtyard garden with one part gravel and the other part laid to lawn. Just in front of the house there is a terrace. Then to the back of the house there is an enclosed garden, currently used as a vegetable garden.
The house appears in good condition, it is equipped with double glazed windows and oil-fired central heating.
This house is ideally situated in a quiet village between the historic towns of Angoulême and Cognac.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France