CASTLE/ESTATE in CAVALAIRE SUR MER, Var, Provence-Côte d'Azur
This enchanting property was built in the 1960s on a beautiful part of a family estate. It sits in a commanding position, high above the sea, surrounded by greenery and at the end of a personal access road, it remains discreet and private, yet close to two local villages with great amenities, and a few minutes from a sandy beach.
Three houses, built on 10 hectares: a main house (450m2) with six bedrooms over three floors, a guest house (95m2) with three bedrooms and a Guardian house (100m2) with a separate maid’s studio flat. Protected by current local planning regulations, the surrounding hills are devoid of construction, remaining amazingly unspoilt. There is also a large swimming pool with pool house which also has wonderful views
Designed by renowned architect, Francois Spoerry, it was built to the highest standard with the very best materials and craftsmanship available. The property has been kept in very condition over the years but does need renovation and updating to bring it up to modern standards.
The main house has six sizeable, light and bright bedrooms, as well as a large drawing room with a staggering view out to the sea, a big dining room, a quiet study, a functional kitchen and a solarium with more stunning views. Each room is unique with a classical decor.
THE MAIN HOUSE The house is has preserved its classic features with wonderful terracotta floors, fireplaces and panelled walls. Outside, the house boasts a large shaded terrace, a 16m swimming pool and pool house – ideal for those hot Summer days. Extensive landscaped gardens have blended with the Mediterranean flora. The interior fitted woodwork, windows and doors are made of handcrafted walnut and were built and fitted on site. With wide open French windows, the house remains cool in the Summer.
THE GUEST HOUSE Just a few yards behind the main house, the guest house is perfect for people to stay, offering comfort and autonomy for a family, with three double bedrooms and two bathrooms as well as kitchen and drawing room. Beneath, a large double fronted garage, kennel and associated storage rooms.
THE GUARDIAN HOUSE Built spaciously on two floors, with a garage and utility rooms below, it provides and ideal house for a couple and their family, to act as caretakers.
PLEASE NOTE - THIS ESTATE DOES REQUIRE MODERNISATION BUT IT IS IN A STUNNING LOCATION AND OFFERS SUPERB POTENTIAL - CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France