Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The house is built on a sloping plot - the front door opens into a hall that serves the bedrooms. From the hall a staircase then provides access to the garden level.
The front door opens to a hall (10m2) with tiled floor. To the right of the hall a corridor leads to two bedrooms (10m2 and 9m2) as well as a spacious shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC).
To the left of the hall a door opens to the master bedroom (25m2) with a generous ensuite bathroom (bath, shower, wash-basin and WC). A glazed door from this bedroom opens onto a balcony that overlooks the garden, with very attractive views towards the river Charente.
The stairs from the entrance hall descend to the dual-aspect L-shaped living room which is naturally divided into two areas - a sitting area (21m2) and a dining area (9m2). The living room has a tiled floor and two pairs of French doors that open to a paved terrace which in turn leads on to the garden.
Open-plan with the dining area, the kitchen (9m2) is equipped with a range of fitted units.
From the kitchen a door opens to a utility room off which are a WC and a store room. Another door from the utility room opens to a reception room (17m2) with glazed doors opening onto the terrace.
A former garage has been fitted out as a self-contained studio complete with kitchenette and a shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC) - ideal for guests.
The house sits on a plot of 1342m2. Gates open from the village lane to a gravel parking area at the front of the house. The rest of the garden is mainly laid to lawn and well-planted with a number of shrubs. In addition to the terrace that runs along the back of the house, overlooking the garden, there is an area of raised decking, also overlooking the garden - both ideal for outdoor entertaining.
This modern house is located in a sought-after village between the towns of Jarnac and Cognac. It is within easy walking distance of two restaurants (one with a Michelin star), the village shop and the beautiful river Charente (with wonderful walks along the tow-path. Ideal as a permanent home, it would also make an extremely comfortable holiday home with letting potential.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France