Super traditional stone house with a large swimming pool, Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
Situated in a quiet hamlet location surrounded by open countryside, perfect for walkers, cyclists and nature lovers and there is a bar with events within walking distance. The small market town of Villefagnan is at 7kms, Sauze Vaussaiss 14kms and the larger town of Ruffec at 17kms where there is also a railway station. This former farmhouse offers an incredible 221m2 of living space and leads itself to those looking to put their own mark on something. The outdoor space and the pool are a real pull here and the property would make an ideal investment for those looking to own with rental potential or a full-time family home.
Entrance into the fitted farmhouse style kitchen of 29m2 with the original flagstone floor, beamed ceiling, charentaise stone fireplace, wood burning fire and a staircase. A door through to an adjoining dining/room of 25m2 which has a tiled floor, beamed ceiling and a staircase to the 2ndpart of the 1stfloor. There is a large ground floor bedroom of 22m2 which equally has a tiled floor + beamed ceiling. The lounge is 36m2 and has a wooden floor with an open stone fireplace.
1stfloor: large landing of 25m2 currently used as a bedroom, it has a carpet floor; exposed trusses + a niche seating area and a hallway leading to a 2ndbedroom 13m2 which has exposed ceiling beams and a carpet floor. Shower room with WC.
1stfloor 2ndpart: Landing/bedroom of 27m2 where there are exposed ceiling trusses, beamed apex ceiling, carpet laid over and wooden floor and 2 small windows. The 5thbedroom is 22m2 and has a high beamed apex ceiling and a carpet floor. There is a tiled family bathroom with a lino floor and corner bath.
Outside: Attached stone barn of 31m2 and a further a further barn suitable as a garage of 30m2
The property has a super swimming pool of 12 x 5m chlorine pool, there are roman steps on entry and it descends to a depth of 2m. The pool liner was replaced in 2018 and is under guarantee and the pump was replaced in 2017.
There is a covered terrace, lawned area, large gravelled drive, all fully enclosed by a stone wall with gates and set on 1210m2 of land.
South West facing.
Primary Energy Consumption (kWh/m2/year) For This Property
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France