Detached character cottage in rural hamlet close to Mont St Michel and other beaches, Ille-et-Vilaine, Brittany
Private Property Sellers ltd are pleased to offer to the market on behalf of the owner as a private sale with 0% estate agency commission fee..
Originally designed and constructed for a well known local artist, this detached residence was built in a traditional style with stone facing under a slate tile roof.
The house offers well proportioned accommodation with
- 4 bedrooms * 2 shower rooms * Ground floor WC
- Entrance hall with ‘cathedral’ style ceiling & galleried landing
- Lounge/dining room * Kitchen/breakfast room Adjoining the property is a large barn (same footprint as the house) and a detached timber garage.
There are gardens to the front and rear of the house, large frontage to the barn and a small wood. The rear boundary of the garden is bordered by a small stream.
Oil central heating. Woodburner to lounge/dining room.
The village of Pleine Fougères, which has local facilities, is just a short drive away as is a large supermarket. More comprehensive facilities are available in Pontorson. The city of Rennes and its airport is approximately an hour’s drive and St. Malo is a forty five minute drive.
The accommodation is arranged on two floors as follows:
Entrance Hall– feature ‘cathedral’ style beamed ceiling. Tiled flooring. Radiator.
Lounge/dining room– 7m x 4m entered via glazed double doors from hallway or single door from kitchen. Beamed ceiling. Double aspect. French doors to covered terrace/exterior. Feature stone fireplace with inset woodburner. Two radiators. Tiled flooring.
Kitchen/breakfast room– 5m10 x 3m18 fitted with matching range of wood faced kitchen units at base and eye level. Stainless steel sink unit. Plumbing for washing machine. Calor gas supply for cooker. Quarry tiled flooring. Radiator. Door to covered terrace/exterior.
Bedroom 4– 3m20 x 2m97 chestnut flooring. Radiator.
WC– wash hand basin, WC and radiator.
Shower Room– fully enclosed shower cubicle. Wash hand basin. Electric wall heater. Door to;
Boiler room– housing oil fired boiler for central heating and domestic hot water supply. Wall mounted electric water heater (alternative hot water heating). Electric fuse board.
Galleried landing– chestnut flooring. Doors off to:
Bedroom 1– 3m60 minimum x 3m20 with double aspect. Chestnut flooring. Radiator. Door to:
Dressing Room– 2m37 x 2m14 radiator. Chestnut flooring.
Bedroom 2– 3m85 minimum x 2m66 radiator. Chestnut flooring. Access hatch to loft space.
Bedroom 3– 3m28 x 3m7 radiator. Chestnut flooring. Built in double wardrobe cupboard.
Shower room– Enclosed shower cubicle. Wash hand basin. WC. Radiator.
Area of ground floor – 76.61m²
Area of first floor: – 41.97m²
Services:Mains water and electricity. External 500 litre oil tank.
External cupboard housing calor gas bottles.
Drainage:Septic tank (installed in 2015)
Furniture available for sale, subject to separate negotiation
Disclaimer: Private Property Sellers ltd - this is a private sale with 0% estate agency commission fee. All information has been provided by the owner. This is a brief description and doesn't constitute a legal document.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France